On Westbrook Sports Precinct:
- 28 June 2021 – Council meeting voted against the Trumper motion, stating he would like to see us discussing this sooner rather than later so that we can give assurances to those people who are in support of Springfield Golf Course. ❤❤❤
- 17 June 2021 – Together with Cr Reynold Macpherson he put onto the Council meeting agenda for 28 June 2021 a motion to extend the current lease of the Springfield Golf Club on the same terms and conditions. ❤❤❤
- Supports the Springfield Golf Club’s lease being extended. ❤❤❤
- 18 May 2021 – SP&F Committee voted against Shirley Trumper’s motion: That the discussion on the future of the Springfield Golf Course be deferred until such time as a full assessment is conducted by Council on a future sports facility that is fit for purpose to meet the future needs of the Rotorua community to go out for full consultation at the appropriate time. ❤
- 19 Apr 2021 – Attended the Springfield Community Conversation. ❤
Council Meeting of 28 June 2021
I cannot support this proposal to put this business on hold again. The Springfield Golf Club is a business. As a business they employ people, people are employed out of there. They have their business out of there. They need more than six years to ensure they have a future and on top of that this is probably the only sporting group that actually contributes significantly to our rates take.
I just would like to see us discussing this sooner rather than later so that we can give assurances to those people who are in support of Springfield Golf Course and I am one of them. However I don’t play golf unfortunately.